Planaris Planaris

Reminds me of big time butter baron. I do prefer this sleek style over the background story madness from that game (albeit funny).

Loved it for being tetris without pressure.
Then the other two modes reintroduced pressure ...
Playing them I noticed it still is easier than tetris for not having gravity and thus filling gaps is much easier - yet I would've loved to see emphasis on getting multipliers for multiple cleared lines instead of the timer rush (maybe that's part of the normal mode and I didn't notice?).

BryceSummer responds:

Thanks for the feedback!
Just to clarify -- you get a lot more points for getting multiple line clears in all modes.

Star Spangled Hero Star Spangled Hero

I couldn't save them :c

I actually think it's great how the text banner is hovering in the way, adds to the annoyance of the whole thing - could've used more colourful flashing lights similar to the faces and particles to underline the whole thing. Music is very fitting too.

The Clocktower The Clocktower

That played horrible. While the concept of having the character cursed and the difficulty increasing due to the curse getting stronger isn't bad it wasn't carried out very well. The first skill drop from hold X for rapid fire to press X for a single shot is far too steep for example. Instead a gradual decrease of fire rate before forcing you to press once for each shot would portray the concept much better. Also till the first skill drop you have to wait quite a lot (with that phase countdown) and all you do is hold X and move around a little. Far to boring and easy for the sudden increase of difficulty that follows.

And there is a reason why using either the z or y key is a very bad idea: next to qwerty keyboards there are also many qwertz keyboards out there. Either accept both z and y for the same input or avoid these keys altogether. After all you are looking for keys on the bottom left to be used along the arrow keys - not the letters on them.
Just because many games use these two buttons doesn't mean it's a good choice.

I see this is a beta so you should definitely work in internationally working buttons and a more gradual difficulty curve.

Planet Defense 1 Planet Defense 1

dumb defenders

very good game
just one flaw that annoyed me

once you have successfully defended a few comets your space around earth is littered with space ships that got pushed away from their initial intended position.
and as soon as your planet is nicely wrapped with defenses and asteroids come in swarming in equally huge groups things get frantic and unorganized.
the biggest problem about this is that your ships don't ever prioritize their objectives, they aim at whatever they get in their sight.
i think ships with weapons should at first target the object in range that intercepts with the earth (if there's many of those - target the biggest: a comet for example) (if it doesn't there is no need to attack it yet)
then they should attack objects that are flying towards themselves (for their own protection)
then attack objects flying at other ships
and last attack asteroids flying away or passing

i've often had ships attacking little splinters and completely ignoring the huge comet passing behind their back (which was the reason why i sent them there in the first place)

also the healing ships should really really first heal the ship in range with the lowest hp

if you intend to make a sequel you could actually have these features as upgrades for each class (training them)

and it would help if you could, for a little cost, call some ships back - as they often get into positions where they are in the way (ie you get some money it took you to place them back - so with a little more you can replace them)

MegaTankMan MegaTankMan

expand this!

i think you really really should keep working on this game, add more levels so you can still submit this for pico day.
(just add more characters/members from ng to the boss roster - mindchamber would do pretty well for example)

i was a little disappointed by the fact that the portal blast didnt actually create portals

Lambtaco responds:

I was gonan have it create portals but then I was thinking that you wouldn't get to use it unless you beat the game (back before I had easy mode) so I just decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Binary Binary

i want to see more of him.
more of his adventures - of what other things his work brings.
maybe also some action/jump and run parts to loosen up between the puzzles and lock picking.
flying around with that ship yourself would definitely be fun too.
the puzzles could be harder - or at least have one or two really challenging ones you can do for a bonus (powerup/repair some special part of the supercomputers that is not required for actually finishing it - but maybe gives you a cooler ending)

stuff like that

really liked it.
mostly the beginning and how well it went with the music, very moody.

Bubble Tanks Arenas Bubble Tanks Arenas

too easy

as mentioned before - it is too easy to simply make up a tank of any size only made up of cannons stacked to the outside of the tank
noone can hit you that way
ive even been able to do the most impossible user levels out there with difficulties of way above 100
to top that i even turned this into an auto tank that can remotley go through any level killing everything

the trick is putting 6 auto cannons on either outside of the highest class - shiftet a little to the back so they can still shot when moving all the way to the right
then hold d and click outside of the flash
the tank will auto move to the right without my doing and auto shoot all enemies (and not get hit cause everyone aims for the middle)

you should limit the editor to only placing bubbles and weapons that connect in some way

ImmorTall ImmorTall

for letting me go back to my ship
humans are very hostile after all

Sushi Cat Sushi Cat

fat cat stuck in the pipe

super awesome game
cute design
my girlfriend loves it

one flaw
on level 13 and 15 the cat got stuck for a very very long time because it was too fat

just a little control over the cat could easily fix those level design flaws - two keys to rotate the cat and move it a bit
that would turn the whole game into much more than single click drop the cat

FPA: World 2 FPA: World 2

100% fancy

straight 10? all the way

~2h into the night
ive got all pants - kicked any shell
5 trophys ... wait theres 6
afro ninja should be in level 5 right? the one with the candle ...
ive been running it up and down - cant find it D:

heh - the headbanging really made my day